April/May 2019 Legislative and Regulatory News SEC Publishes Draft EDGAR Filer Manual SEC Proposes XBRL for Reporting by Business Development Companies & Closed End Funds SEC Finalizes FAST Act Requires XBRL Tagging for Cover Page Small Business Administration Accepts XBRL Data for Surety Bond Guarantee Program FERC Proposal on Transmission Investment Activity References Use of […more]
News from XBRL International
- Big Data Could Warn of Company Distress - July 12, 2019
- Can Regtech Solve the Fintech Problem? - July 12, 2019
- SEC Roundtable on Short-Termism Coming Up - July 12, 2019
- California Moves Towards State Level XBRL - July 12, 2019
- XBRL Europe Workshop in Paris a Great Success - July 12, 2019
- Proposed Update to 2020 U.S. GAAP Financial Reporting Taxonomy—Codification Improvements to Topic 326, Financial Instruments—Credit Losses - July 10, 2019
- IFRS Taxonomy Preparer's Guide - July 10, 2019
- Trend Analysis on Custom Tag Rates in XBRL Exhibits Submitted from 2016 to 2018 - June 28, 2019
- XBRL Taxonomy Update, June 11, 2019 - June 11, 2019
- Exchange Transaction Fee Summary Schema for NMS Stocks, May 30, 2019 - May 30, 2019
From the Federal Register
- Form CRS Relationship Summary; Amendments to Form ADV - July 12, 2019
- Auditor Independence With Respect to Certain Loans or Debtor-Creditor Relationships - July 5, 2019
- Adoption of Updated EDGAR Filer Manual - July 1, 2019
- Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms - June 27, 2019
- Commission Information Collection Activities (FERC Form No. 60, FERC-61, and FERC-555A); Comment Request - May 30, 2019
The pace of regulatory developments in financial reporting has accelerated significantly. Standard setters and regulators have transformed both accounting standards and the format of financial reporting, resulting in vast changes to not only how accounting is recorded, but also how financial results are reported. Proper handling of these accounting and reporting changes is a key […more]
The SEC published the draft EDGAR Filer Manual which includes the following XBRL-related topics: Filers will be able to include cover tags within any Inline XBRL document set for submission forms that permit Inline XBRL. EDGAR will warn filers if any required cover tags are missing, nil, or empty in 10-K, 10-K/A, 10-KT, 10-KT/A, 10-Q, […more]
This Q&A is intended as general guidance and should not be relied upon as authoritative. Filers are encouraged to consult with their own legal and/or with the SEC directly. Early Adoption/Timing Are early adopters of Inline XBRL (public companies that have already begun submitting financials using Inline XBRL) required to continue tagging their cover pages? […more]
In this issue:
- Lease Accounting… There’s More
- Capex spending, both up and down.
- Restructuring costs on the rise.
- Restructuring costs up close.
- When Amazon takes over the world.
SEC filers, investors, XBRL providers encouraged to review and comment The XBRL US Data Quality Committee (DQC) has published its 9th Ruleset for a 45-day public review and comment period, which closes on June 15, 2019. In addition to expanding on many existing rules, the latest ruleset contains a new category of checks that evaluates […more]
The Data Quality Committee (DQC) currently seeks comment on version 9 of the DQC Rules for US GAAP and IFRS filings through Saturday, June 15, 2019. XBRL US Members and public company personnel can use our secure service to check their filings with approved and public exposure rules.
In March 2019, the SEC adopted final amendments to its rules which On March 20, 2019, the SEC adopted final rule amendments, in connection with the FAST Act, which have expanded the scope of XBRL tagging requirements to the cover page of Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, 20-F, and 40-F (annual reports) using Inline XBRL. The […more]
In this issue: SEC Adopts FAST Act Simplification and Modernization of Regulation S-K SEC Releases EDGAR 19.1.1 SEC Proposes Offering Reforms for Business Development Companies and Registered Closed-End Funds SEC Staff to Hold Spring Fintech Forum on Distributed Ledger Technology and Digital Assets
On April 9, 2019, the Securities and Exchange Commission posted to the Federal Register a proposal to require the use of structured data for: Business Development Companies (BDC) submitting financial statement information using Inline XBRL; BDCs and closed end funds (CEF) to include structured covered page information in their registration statements on Form N-2 using […more]