Bring your team up to speed and earn up to 16 CPE with a customized training in your offices
- Basic understanding of XBRL for US GAAP reporting, with emphasis on taxonomy fundamentals, strategies for element selection, and building an XBRL extension taxonomy.
- Class-room style instruction with guided practice and hands-on work with live desktop applications and your company’s financials.
This introductory program shows you how to use taxonomies, convert primary financial statements and block tag footnotes in XBRL format.
The training starts with a presentation covering core concepts of the US GAAP Financial Reporting Taxonomy, an overview of SEC requirements as well as planning considerations and options for creating and reviewing financial statements in XBRL.
During the second part of the training in your office, you’ll be guided through mapping, extending, tagging, creating and validating XBRL. Attendees will step through an XBRL exhibit creation exercise with desktop and Web-based applications using onsite computers.
Who should attend?
CFOs, Controllers, External Reporting Managers, and finance staff members who have direct responsibility for implementing SEC XBRL filing requirements.
What you will learn:
- How to plan, scope, budget and identify resources to meet the expected SEC mandate
- How to create an XBRL-formatted financial statement, including footnotes
- Overview of XBRL
- Review of the SEC rule
- Planning considerations – filing requirements, timing, resources, software and services
- Building an XBRL exhibit – step-by-step
- Mapping financial statements to taxonomy elements
- Creating taxonomy extensions
- Tagging financial statements
- Filing XBRL-formatted documents