The Regular Director Nominees profiled below who are elected by XBRL US Organizational Members will join the following Founding Member Directors as part of the XBRL US Board of Directors: Barry Melancon – President and CEO, AICPA; Jeffrey Naumann – Managing Director, Deloitte; Paul Penler – Executive Director, Ernst & Young, LLP; Landon Westerlund – Partner, Audit, KPMG; and Kathleen K. Healy – Managing Director, Assurance, PwC.
About the 2021 Regular Director Nominees
- Episcopal High School, Diploma, 1958-1962
- University of Virginia, BA, 1962 – 1966
- Wharton School of Finance, MBA, 1966 -1968
- Chairman, Princeton Capital Management, LLC 2011 – present
- Vice-Chairman, Gentag, Inc. 2011 – present
- Pipeline Financial Group, Inc., Chairman, 2003 – 2011
- NASDAQ Stock Market Inc., President, Vice Chairman, 1996-2003
- Alex Brown & Sons, General Partner, Managing Director, 1972-1996. (CEO of Rabbit Software (a public company) from 1989 to 1991, while on leave of absence from Alex Brown & Sons.)
- United States Air Force, 1968 – 1972, Captain. USAFR 1978- 1980, Major
- National Infrastructure Advisory Council, Member, Vice Chair and Acting Chair, 2001 – December 31, 2011.
- DHS Homeland Security Advisory Council, ex-officio by virtue of NIAC role
- City of New York: Financial Industry Advisory Committee, 2009 – present
- National Medal of Technology and Innovation, Evaluator and then Vice Chair of Evaluation Committee, 2004 +/- – 2010.
- US Department of the Army, Chief of Staff’s working group on what it means to be an educated individual in the twenty first century, 2009 – 2010.
- US Department of Homeland Security: Homeland Security Advisory System Working Group, 2009
- Bi-Partisan Homeland Security Transition Panel, 2008 -2009
- US Department of Energy: Task Force on the Future of Science, Sub Committee on Big Science, 2001 +/-.
- US Department of Education: Task Force on Mathematics, 2007+/-.
- National Academies: Committee on Scientific Communications and National Security; Committee on Science, Security and Prosperity, 2006 – 2009+/-
- National Science Foundation, Public Affairs Advisory Group, 1997- 1999 +/-.
- State of Maryland, Coastal Resources Advisory Council, Baltimore citizen representative, 1975 – 1977 +/-.
- United States Navy, All Flag meeting, keynote address, about 2000
- Joint Economic Committee of the Congress, about 1997
- House Committee on Education, about 1999
- House Committee on Homeland Security, about 2009
- Black Congressional Caucus (keynote address, not testimony), about 1998
BOARD SEATS – NON PROFIT- CURRENT
- Allen University, Columbia, South Carolina –Trustee, an historically black university, 2007 – present
- XBRL US, 2007, Director, about 2007 to present
- Outward Bound of Maryland, Trustee, 2009 – present
BOARD SEATS – NON PROFIT – PAST
- World Economic Forum USA, Director, 2007 – 2018
- XBRL International Inc., Director, 2011 – 2015
- Johns Hopkins University: Trustee, 2002 – June 30, 2011
- Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, LLC, Member, 2002 – June 30, 2011
- The Nature Conservancy, Trustee, 2000 – 2005
- National Association of Securities Dealers, Governor, 1997 – 1999 +/-.
- Episcopal High School, Trustee, 1970’s
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, – 1970’s
- Center for Excellence in Education (Rickover Foundation), 2001 +/- – 2004+/-
- NetDay/ Project Tomorrow, 2001 +/- – 2011
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Trustee, 2001+/- 2004+/-
- The University City Science Center, Philadelphia, PA, Trustee, 1990+/- to 2001+/-
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Trustee, 1976+/- to 1098+/-
- The Center for Excellence in Educations, Inc., Trustee, late 1990’s (formerly the Rickover Foundation)
- University of South Carolina Research Park, Director, about 2007 to 2011
- NASDAQ Education Foundation, Inc., President and Director, 1996 to 2002
- Church of the Redeemer, Baltimore, MD Vestry, late 1970’s
BOARD SEATS – FOR PROFIT, PUBLIC COMPANIES
- ACI Worldwide, Inc., Director, 2007 – June, 2012
- Realpage, Inc., Director, 2006+/- to present
- Edgar-Online, Inc., Director, 2010 to August 2012
- Policy Management Systems
- Safeguard Scientifics
- Sanchez Computer Associates
President & CEO
Alexander Falk founded Altova in 1992 in Vienna, Austria; member of the W3C XML Schema working group that defined the XML Schema 1.0 specs; member of the W3C Advisory Committee; co-creator of the popular Altova XMLSpy XML Editor; established US subsidiary Altova, Inc. in 2001 and relocated to the USA; President & CEO of Altova; VIP member of the Kepler Society (Alumni Club of the Johannes Kepler University). Always interested in new technologies and creating new developer products that improve the software development cycle. As an entrepreneur and investor the focus is clearly on software, drones, IoT, and XML-related technologies. See also https://www.linkedin.com/in/afalk/
Cathy H. Conlon
Cathy is the head of Corporate Issuer Strategy & Product for Broadridge’s $3.5 billion Investor Communications Solutions (ICS) division where she oversees the development and execution of the business growth strategy. In this role, Cathy spearheaded Broadridge’s entry into the financial compliance space with the acquisitions of Summit Financial Disclosure and Appatura, Inc. She leads innovation efforts in the issuer business including expansion of Broadridge’s governance suite of services such as Virtual Shareholder Meetings, ESG, and digital solutions to help public companies connect with their retail and institutional shareholders. During her tenure at Broadridge (ADP), Cathy gained roles of increasing seniority, with leadership and expertise in Business Development, New Product Development, Strategic Marketing and Development. Cathy is a founding board member of the Great Guy Foundation, a Babylon, NY non-profit organization providing financial support to local families in need.
Michael Becker is Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives at Business Wire.
Michael is responsible for supporting the company’s strategic initiatives and managing the relationships between Business Wire and its partners.
Under Becker’s guidance, Business Wire today offers a comprehensive suite of compliance and regulatory solutions for the global investor relations community. He worked closely with Business Wire’s European team, setting up more than a dozen disclosure networks throughout the European Union and was previously responsible for all of Business Wire’s international efforts.
He is the first service provider to serve on NIRI National’s Board of Directors and is past-president of NIRI-New York, NIRI’s largest chapter with some 400 members.
Additionally, Michael was a member of the Board for CoreFiling, the Business Wire-DecisionSoft joint venture company formed to create XBRL solutions and he currently serves on the XBRL-U.S. Board of Directors.
Becker joined Business Wire in 1999 as Financial Information Services Specialist. Prior to joining the company he worked for Capital Link, Inc., where he created and implemented comprehensive media and investor relations programs for high profile clients, including SBF-Paris Bourse and the Athens Stock Exchange.
Becker holds an Executive MBA from Baruch College and is an Adjunct Professor of Management and member of the Dean’s Advisory Council at the school.
Michael Schlanger is a business leader and innovator, with decades of experience in financial printing, who focuses on developing transaction and compliance product strategies based on client needs and regulatory changes. Mike leads a team of experts that guide the development and sale of Toppan Merrill Corporation’s SEC compliance, transactional and XBRL service offerings. Prior to joining Toppan Merrill Corporation, Mike performed numerous roles with other companies, including sales, sales management, division president and business development. He is currently serving as the Vice Chairman of the Board of XBRL US, where he has been a Board member since 2009. He is a frequent speaker at law firms, financial industry conferences and professional associations on topics related to SEC regulatory initiatives.
CEO & Co-Founder
Pranav is the co-founder and CEO. He manages the day-to-day activities of Calcbench. Pranav has a background in Applied Mathematics. He brings more than two decades experience as an analyst at TIAA and ITG and at Calcbench. In addition, Pranav was a vice president for ModelWare and Quantitative & Derivative Strategies at Morgan Stanley. He is a Board Member of XBRL–U.S. and is a member of the CFA Institute’s Corporate Disclosure Policy Council (“CDPC”) which addresses issues affecting the quality of financial reporting and disclosure worldwide.
Pranav holds a B.S. from Bates College and an M.S. from New York University.