XBRL US, Inc. is a jurisdiction of XBRL International, responsible for implementation of the data reporting standard in the United States. We are committed to protecting your privacy and this policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who contact us, visit our website, and/or attend our events, how we use it and whether we share it with others. This policy applies to all of our brands including XBRL US and the Center for Data Quality.
How do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you when you correspond with XBRL US, become a member of XBRL US, contribute to one of our Boards/Working Groups/Task Forces, register for a web account to use free resources or provide comment on draft documents, submit a form on our site for information, register to receive our newsletter, register to attend our events, or place an order for services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys or provide feedback. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
What information is being collected?
The personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, e-mail address, job title, the organization(s) you work for, mailing address, contact phone number, your membership type where applicable, and when you order services or membership your billing information including billing address but not credit card account information, which is processed by trusted third-parties (PayPal, Stripe, GoUrl).
We also use anonymized data to understand how visitors to our websites are using the sites.
How will we use the information about you?
The information we collect may be used to:
- respond to your requests and inquiries;
- provide website access, mailing list access, access to collaboration tools;
- determine eligibility for membership and volunteer opportunities;
- carry out obligations arising from contracts entered into around services and/or membership;
- seek your views or feedback on work done by the organization;
- send you communications that may be of interest to you, including information about our activities, events or other promotions;
- process payments for events, services and/or membership
We will process your Personal Data for the purposes identified above in cases of:
- legitimate interest in providing our events, products and services which you have requested or registered to receive, and sharing further information on those events, products and services;
- contractual obligation with you which includes processing your information;
- express consent to do so.
We will retain personally identifiable information as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who will information be shared with?
We will never sell your information to third parties.
We may share your information with trusted third-party service providers for the purposes of operational activities such as billing and payment processing or sending newsletters. We may also share your information if we are under a legal obligation to do so.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
We will not contact you unless you have provided express consent for us to do so, except in the cases where we have legitimate interest or we have a contractual right for the communication.
As a user you have the right to:
- be informed of the way we use your Personal Data;
- access and request the correction of incorrect information or erasure of your information;
- restrict and/or object to the processing of your personal data;
- not be subject to any decision making based on automated processing of your Personal Data;
- receive a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly usable format.
To exercise these rights please contact us at email@example.com.
Users who no longer wish to receive specific e-mail newsletters or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications from XBRL US, INC. by sending a blank reply e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the type of communication in the subject line. Please note that there are certain communications which will still be sent to users by XBRL US, INC., or third parties designated by XBRL US, INC., as referenced above, including without limitation site and Service Updates and membership renewals.
Site and Service Updates
XBRL US, INC. may send user site and service announcement updates. There is no opt-out option from service announcements, which contain important information. We communicate with members and others to provide requested services and in regard to issues relating to their account via e-mail or phone.
XBRL US, INC. may share aggregated demographic information with third parties, including without limitation its partners and advertisers, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
From time to time, we share personally identifiable information, as XBRL US, INC. deems appropriate in its sole discretion, with third parties in a number of ways for a variety of business purposes, including name and other personally identifiable information.
When you submit information via the Web site, XBRL US, INC., or third parties designated by XBRL US, INC., takes certain precautions to protect your user information. We currently use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online.
If you have any questions about the current state of security with respect to information collected at the Web site or stored offline, you may send an email to email@example.com.
Notification of Changes