Participate in the Orange Button Taxonomy Public Review, a 30-day review period which will close on March 12, 2018.
This taxonomy was developed as part of the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office-funded Orange Button SM program, that aims to make it easier to aggregate and share solar data, facilitating more efficient and cost-effective financing of distributed energy projects.
SunSpec Alliance heads the Orange Button project team that is tasked with establishing an open, easy-to-adopt, solar data architecture, and standards. XBRL US leads the effort to build the financial portion of Orange Button standards, leveraging elements from the U.S. GAAP Taxonomy for public companies, and from existing solar data standards.
We encourage all interested parties to review and provide feedback.
In order to provide comments that will be considered by XBRL US as part of the Public Review process for the Orange Button Taxonomy, you must agree to terms and conditions for public comment. By completing the form below with valid name and email information and clicking “I agree to the terms for public review and comment” button, you have agreed to the terms and conditions for public comment.
No Restrictions on Dissemination or Use of Information or Technology Submitted in XBRL US Public Review for the Orange Button Taxonomy
Taxonomies developed by XBRL US must be open source and freely available to the public.
Accordingly, as a Commenter you must not include in your comments any information or technology that cannot be freely disclosed to and used by the public. By submitting comments, you (i) acknowledge that XBRL US may publish or otherwise make available any and all such information or technology to the public or to any person for any use or purpose, and (ii) hereby assign to XBRL US all right, title and interest in any such information or technology, including any copyrights or patents therein. In addition, by providing information or technology to XBRL US as part of your comments, you represent, warrant and covenant to XBRL US that such information or technology does not and will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
XBRL US shall incur no liability to any third party, including you or other Commenters, arising from your submission of information or technology while providing comments or from any publication or use of such information or technology. By submitting information or technology, you waive any claim against XBRL US arising from the submission, or the publication or use, of the information or technology.
Neither XBRL US nor any other person shall be required to pay you any royalties or other compensation arising from your submission of information or technology in your comments, or from XBRL US’s dissemination thereof, or from any use of the information or technology by a person to whom XBRL US has disclosed it.
By receiving information or technology submitted in your comments, XBRL US shall not be deemed to accept or endorse the information or technology as meeting any standard of performance or quality or being fit for any particular use or purpose. XBRL US’s receipt or publication of such information or technology shall not give rise to any obligation on the part of XBRL US and, in particular, shall not be taken as an indication that XBRL US has conducted any evaluation or assessment of the information or technology.
If you nonetheless wish to submit to XBRL US information or technology that is subject to restrictions on its disclosure or use, you may contact XBRL US directly to discuss the possibility of entering into a written agreement that acknowledges and gives effect to such restrictions. Absent a written agreement signed by an authorized XBRL US senior executive, however, XBRL US shall not be deemed to have agreed to any restrictions on disclosure or use of information or technology you may submit while participating in the Public Review process.
By selecting the checkbox to join the Orange Button XBRL API Beta Test Group, you agree to:
- comply with all terms listed under “XBRL API Agreement” below;
- provide timely feedback as requested by XBRL US, and;
- in the event you are selected and are not a Members of XBRL US – either as an individual or as part of an organization – you permit XBRL US to share your identity (and affiliation) as a participant in this program.
XBRL API Agreement
This XBRL API from XBRL US Terms of Service Agreement (this “Agreement”) is between XBRL US, Inc. (“XBRL US”) and you for the purpose of defining terms and conditions pursuant to which you may access and use the XBRL API from XBRL US (‘XBRL API’). Use of an API key issued to your XBRL US Web account constitutes full consent and agreement with the terms of this Agreement.
You also agree that your use of the XBRL API is also subject to the XBRL US Terms of Agreement regarding the Web site at
https://xbrl.us/home/about/legal/terms-of-agreement/, and that agreement is hereby incorporated into this Agreement.
XBRL US reserves the right, from time to time, with or without notice to you, to change this Agreement in its sole and absolute discretion. The most current version of this Agreement will supersede all previous versions. Your use of the XBRL API after changes are made will constitute your agreement to such changes.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE XBRL API, YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE XBRL API.
- GRANT OF LICENSE. You may access and use the XBRL API to access and analyze XBRL-formatted financial statements for the sole purpose of your own private, non-commercial research and development related to XBRL data.
- CERTAIN ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS. You may not use any XBRL US Internet-based services associated with the XBRL API in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair such services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of them. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any service, account, computer systems or networks associated with the Internet-based services.
- RESERVATION OF RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP. XBRL US owns and reserves to itself all right, title and interest in the XBRL API and all elements thereof. The XBRL API is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Use of the XBRL API pursuant hereto is by way of license, and is not sold. This Agreement does not grant you any rights to trademarks or service marks of XBRL. By using the XBRL API you agree that the XBRL API and all of its elements remain the sole property of XBRL US and cannot be resold, redistributed or used for any purpose other than as specifically described herein.
- LIMITATIONS ON REVERSE ENGINEERING, DECOMPILATION, AND DISASSEMBLY. You shall not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the XBRL API or any element thereof. You shall not copy or transfer the XBRL API or any element to any computer not expressly authorized by XBRL US to host, in part, the XBRL API.
- CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that XBRL US and its affiliates may collect and use technical information gathered as part of the product support services that may be provided to you, if any, related to the XBRL API.
- ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS/SERVICES. XBRL US reserves the right to change and/or substitute all or any part of the XBRL API at any time. This Agreement applies to any such changes and substitutions as well as to any additional updates, supplements, add-on elements, or Internet-based services components, of the XBRL API that XBRL US may provide to you or make available to you, unless they are accompanied by separate terms.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the XBRL API is subject to U.S. export control jurisdiction. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the use or export of XBRL API, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use, and destination restrictions issued by U.S. and other governments.
- TERMINATION. XBRL US reserves the right to terminate this Agreement upon breach by the End User of any provision of this Agreement. XBRL US has no obligation to reinstate access for a terminated applicant. Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of the XBRL API in your possession and all of its component parts.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. ALL PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE XBRL API (INCLUDING ALL ELEMENTS THEREOF) IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND XBRL US DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR TITLE; OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE XBRL API (OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF) WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS OR OTHER RIGHTS. ALL PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT A COMPANY THAT USES THE XBRL API REMAINS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS OWN APPLICATION(S) AND CONTENT, AND XBRL US DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT ANY DATA OR ANALYTICS PRODUCED COMPLY WITH GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS OR ANY OTHER REQUIREMENT.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL XBRL US BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THE XBRL API, OR THE PERFORMANCE OR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CONTENTS THEREOF OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY HAD ADVANCE NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You shall indemnify and hold XBRL US harmless from all claims, damages, causes of action and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by XBRL US in respect to any access to or use by you of the XBRL API for any purpose.
- REMEDIES. Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced herein and all direct or general damages in contract or anything else), XBRL US and any of its suppliers under any provision of this Agreement and your exclusive remedy hereunder shall not be liable to you for any funds. The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including Sections 9 and 10) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT LICENSE RIGHTS. In the event that any U.S. Governmental entity seeks to use the XBRL API pursuant hereto, this Agreement shall be acknowledged as a commercial license and the Government shall receive no license rights except the commercial license rights and restrictions described herein.
- APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to the conflict of law provisions thereof.