Altova announced the release of MobileTogether 3.2, its cross-platform mobile development framework. This release introduces over 18 important new features for building sophisticated, data-centric mobile apps. Highlights include support for NFC (near field communication), the ability to access mobile device contacts, text-to-speech functionality, numerous enhancements for table and chart creation, and much more.
“With each new release of MobileTogether, we’re adding powerful functionality that broadens the scope of what’s possible for app developers to create,” said Alexander Falk, CEO and President of Altova. “This version adds almost 20 new ways to deliver the tools end users need – and to delight them at the same time.”
Here are just a few highlights of the newly released features:
- NFC is a set of communication protocols that allow two devices to exchange messages when within a few centimeters of proximity. Android Push is now also supported. MobileTogether now supports pushing and receiving NFC messages including text, URI, MIME media, application records, and more.
- Access mobile device contacts: Apps built in MobileTogether can now access information from the user’s contacts stored on the device, which is useful, for example, when a user wants to send something via email or SMS, or place a call from within the app.
- Text-to-Speech: This new action makes it easy to add text-to-speech functionality to your apps so that the built-in speech synthesizer in the device will read text aloud to the user. This is perfect for use-cases where the user may need to use the app without looking at the screen, such as hands-free situations.
- New features for tables:
- Dynamic table growth (left to right) – In addition to dynamic rows, tables can now also have dynamic columns, meaning that columns can be added on the right-hand side of the table as needed to grow the table based on the number of instances an element occurs. The ability to dynamically grow a table from left to right, top to bottom, or both, makes it possible to define tables for virtually any scenario.
- On-demand loading of tables is a performance-optimizing features for apps that include large scrollable tables. The app developer can now specify the number of table rows that can be loaded at a time. This is seamless to the end user but allows tables to load in a fraction of the time.
- Additional options for generating area, line, and gauge charts
- And many more…
These and many additional features are available in Version 3.2 of MobileTogether. For a complete list of new features please visit: https://www.altova.com/whatsnew_mobiletogether.html