Government agency representatives, municipal analysts and investors, software providers, and other users of state and local government data are invited to review and comment on the data standards developed to represent sections of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.
This is Version 0.3 of the Demonstration Release, which builds on the previous Demonstration Release (August, 2020) and now includes:
|Statements & DEI
||Plan & Footnote Data
||Single Audit Schedules & Grants Forms
- Statement of Net Position (01)
- Statement of Activities (02)
- Governmental Fund Balance Sheet (03)
- Governmental Fund Statements of Revenues, Expenditures and Changes in Fund Balances (04)
- Proprietary Fund Statement of Net Position (05)
- Proprietary Fund Statement of Revenues, Expenses and Changes in Net Position (06)
- Proprietary Fund Statement of Cash Flows (07)
- Document and Entity Information
- Long Term Debt Footnote
- Capital Assets Footnote
- Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards
- Schedule of Findings and Questioned Costs
- General Information
- Form SF-424
- Form SF-425
The standards and taxonomy were developed by the XBRL US Standard Government Reporting Working Group as a pilot to test the premise that standards can improve efficiencies by automating the process of creating, collecting, and analyzing government data. Feedback is received during public review periods and incorporated into this latest version.
Inline XBRL Samples
Below are inline filings based on the latest Demonstration Release Version 0.3, displayed using the initial release of the SEC’s inline viewer.
Please note: all reported facts in the instance may not be tagged because of the limited number of elements created for this Demonstration Release of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Taxonomy.
City of Bakersfield (California) Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the year ended June 30, 2019 – contributed by XBRL US Member Lance, Soll & Lunghard, LLP
City of San Buenaventura (California) Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the year ended June 30, 2019 – contributed by XBRL US Member Lance, Soll & Lunghard, LLP
College of DuPage (Glen Ellyn, Illinois) Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports covering the years ended June 30, 2018, 2019, and 2020 – contributed by XBRL US Member IRIS Business Services, LLC
Oakton Community College (Des Plaines, Illinois) Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for years ended June 30, 2018, 2019, and 2020 – contributed by XBRL US Member IRIS Business Services, LLC
County of Page (Virginia) Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the year ended June 30, 2019 – contributed by XBRL US Sole Practitioner Member Allyson Ugarte
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Taxonomy, Demonstration Release Version 0.3
Access the Taxonomy through CoreFiling’s Taxonomy Viewer, which is free to use but requires registration (Read the Viewer Guide). If you do not already have a Yeti login, follow these steps to get started:
- Navigate to https://yeti1.corefiling.com/yeti
- Click “Sign up”
- Fill in the form with name and email address, and click “Create” (which will create a new account)
- Locate the “CAFR Single Audit Taxonomy” and click “Subscribe”
- Click on the icon in Yeti to open the taxonomy
Alternatively, presentation views of each statement and plan data, as well as the Single Audit Report schedules, can be copied or downloaded from this location.