Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 10:13 AM #114364
If I just post an authentication request before every data request, saves me having to write a bunch of code the check whether the access token is still valid. Any problems with that?
Refresh token would save me having send to username and password again but I still have to submit a sensitive client secret so not sure what that gains me?
Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 5:15 PM #114898
It would be best if you include code to check whether the token is valid instead of requesting a new token for each request – if you’ve got several calls and each requests a new token, you’ll bottleneck your returns and might impact others who are requesting resources.
Each token has a lifetime of an hour, after which you can use the refresh token to request a new access token.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Join XBRL US
- Individual Options - Basic, Power User & Sole Practitioner
- For Your Team - Startup, Non-Profit, Academic & Corporate options
- Member Benefits Comparison Table
XBRL API Resources
- The XBRL API
- XBRL Data Community
- XBRL API Documentation (PDF)
- Getting Started with Google API Access
- Sample Queries (Insomina REST client) - requires account provision