Home Forums The XBRL API entity.ticker does not return any value

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim Bui
      Participant

Hello,
      I use the code below to get some data. with entity.name I do get the company name, however, the entity.ticker does not return value. Would anyone please point me to the right direction? Thank you
      =CONCATENATE(A1&”/fact/search?entity.cik=”&TEXTJOIN(“,”,TRUE,Call!B22:B179)&”&fact.has-dimensions=false&fact.ultimus-index=1&concept.local-name=”&Call!G19&”&period.fiscal-period=”&Call!D1&”&period.fiscal-year=”&TEXTJOIN(“,”,TRUE,Call!A2:I2)&”&fields=entity.cik,period.fiscal-year,period.fiscal-period,concept.local-name,concept.id,fact.value,concept.balance-type, entity.name,entity.ticker”)

David Tauriello
      Keymaster

entity.ticker is not available on the /fact endpoint (see XBRL API Documentation).

You might be able to return this detail if you use /report/fact/search? instead of /fact/search? – note: this might ‘nest’ the results in Google Sheets and make that approach impractical. In that case, consider including dts.id or report.id as one of the fields in your initial query, then set up a second query to return entity.ticker as /report/search?dts.id=(INTEGERS,FROM,YOUR,QUERY)&fields=entity.ticker

Tim Bui
      Participant

Thank you for your explanation, David.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, March 19, 2024

FDTA: Entity and Security Identifiers
Thursday, March 28, 2024

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024