Home Forums The XBRL API FERC Data

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Trevor Carley
      Participant

When is FERC Form 1 and 3 data expected in the API?

Hi Trevor – thanks for writing and apologies for the delay in responding. We’re nearly complete in our testing and expect to start loading this data set in our database in the coming weeks.

Dorin IACOB
      Participant

Hi David,

Do you have an update on the FERC database? Trying the FERC API on xbrlus.github.io/ferc-api gives a “failed to fetch” Auth Error. Also, is data from the Form №714 available, too?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Dorin IACOB. Reason: changed data to database
      Dorin IACOB
      Participant

I think the reason for my authentication failure stems from the fact that the GitHub code is running on the uast.eForms.FERC.gov server. However, using xBRL US’ domain API.xBRL.us in the R code from the XBRL Data Community presents no such problems and responds to queries for data. This answers my questions.

Best!

Patrick Baryenbruch
      Participant

Hi David,

I am unable to retrieve data using the simple-statement-disclosure template. Here are the steps I took:

1.Successfully logged in.
      2.Selected “fact” as the function
      3.Selected an entity and its form 60 (e.g., 464990)
      4.Put that number in cell J3 of the template and selected a schedule from the pull down menu in cell N3 (e.g., 017 – Schedule – Analysis of Billing – Associated Cos.)
      5.Hit Query Worksheet
      6.No data appears and the error message says “ERROR: Change N3 value or reload the XBRL Filed Data task pane”

On another matter, 2021 Form 1 and Form 60 files are available on FERC’s website in the XBRL (and HTML) format. Is there a way to simply read these files into the template to make the process easier? Perhaps Arelle can do this. I do not need the absolutely latest/updated version of the Forms–I just need to get the data at a point in time.

Thank you.

Hi Patrick –

Please make sure you’ve un-checked the ‘Show all SEC Statements’ checkbox on the template – this is just below the N3 dropdown. This template is optimized for the extensibility of SEC filings – it will not show an entire Form 1.

I sent you a separate (simpler) template yesterday afternoon for Form 1 Balance Sheet. It can be updated to pull entire reports if that’s needed – let me know.

uncheck 'show all SEC statements' for FERC reports

Patrick Baryenbruch
        Participant

David,

Thank you for BS template–I did not notice it in your previous email. This is a useful format. I need data from a few Form 1 and Form 60 schedules for a single year. Your template seems to just pull the BS. Is there a way to expand the template so specific Form 1 and Form 60 schedules can be selected?

Thank you.

Patrick Baryenbruch
        Participant

David,

I see the query is built by populating the Fields to Return box. If you have a definition of the elements that can be selected for the query, I think I can build my own templates. Would you send me the definitions if you have them?

Thank you.

Patrick Baryenbruch
      Participant

David,

Just figured out the issue described in my previous post. I needed to uncheck the box for “Show All SEC Statements”. The template then returned data. Unfortunately, the data is not the complete values for some schedules. For instance, 017 – Schedule- Analysis of Billing – Assoc Cos. is supposed to show charges by the Form 60 service company to each affiliate legal entity. The data that is returned is only the total without a breakout by affiliate.

Any thoughts on this issue? Thank you.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

GovFin 2024: Municipal Reporting Workshop
Tuesday, July 30, 2024