Home Forums The XBRL API Holdings in ETFs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim Bui
      Participant

Hello,
      I know that XBRL US is working to get more sectors to report using XBRL, but at the present time, can we get holdings within ETFs (tickers and shares held, amount…)? Thanks!
      Tim

Hi Tim – my apologies for not responding sooner; do you have an example of an SEC filing where these details have been disclosed by a reporting company – ?

We are looking at the possibility of loading Mutual Fund data – stay tuned.

Tim Bui
      Participant

Hi David, thank you for your reply. I am asking about the EFT holdings but I have not seen any SEC filings on the holdings. Some ETF issuers put the holdings (shares, market value, percentage holding,,,,) of their ETFs on their website (ishares.com) but others do not. Even investing in ETF, I would like to know more about the holdings to make better decisions.

If XBRL US could load mutual fund data, that would be wonderful. Knowing what’s inside each fund is so important, but many fund companies just release the top 10 positions.

Thanks, David

Hasnain jaffery
      Participant

Hi David,
      I have the same Q about the holding of ETFs and Mutual Funds. I was just checking ETF (SPDR® S&P 500® ESG ETF) EFIV (CIK = 1064642) has an entry in the Entity table, but not able to fig out where and how to search its holds
      can you please guide me…?
      thanks
      Hasnain

Hi Hasnain – this information is not submitted to the SEC in XBRL. That said, we’ve drafted a taxonomy and are exploring options for loading the data to our repository.

Stay tuned!

David

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

GovFin 2024: Municipal Reporting Workshop
Tuesday, July 30, 2024