Home Forums The XBRL API How to identify which concept a value belongs to

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Effahid Vizrain
      Participant

Hi
      I’m trying to rebuild various financial reports using filed xbrl and ixbrl files and struggling with duplicate concepts.

(Apologies, while this strictly isn’t related to us xbrl, the intention behind this exercise is to allow US XBRL/IXBRL files to be parsed ultimately)

In the screenshot below, Called up share capital, retained earnings and shareholders’ funds are all tagged as “Equity”. While I can visually identify which values belong to which concept, I need to be able to tell programmatically which values belong to which concept. For example, being able to categorise 795,500 as Called Up Share Capital when the concept used is “Equity”.

The ns6 namespace for each concept has this value btw
      http://xbrl.frc.org.uk/fr/2019-01-01/core

Any pointers highly appreciated

David Tauriello
      Keymaster

Hi Effahid – thanks for writing and apologies for the delay in responding. The URL you posted for the screenshot didn’t have an image.

From your description, it sounds like ‘called up’, ‘retained earnings’ and ‘shareholders’ funds’ are reported as dimensions of equity. If you look at the iXBRL, you might see a contextref attribute that is common to these elements, and element names that are unique.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024