Tagged: Limit Exceeded
Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 5:34 PM #119077
Is there any way to increase the limit of the length on the code?
When I try to standardize a concept that is composed of more than 4 other concepts, I get an error “Limit Exceeded: URLFetch URL Length. (line 106)”
For example, if I want to have a standardized Selling, Gen & Admin Expenses (SGA_Tot) from these concepts below, I receive an error:
Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 5:55 PM #119078
So far to get around the RL Length, I break the code into 2 and do the summation in Excel.
SGA2: GeneralAndAdministrativeExpenseAndOtherOperatingExpenses, OtherSellingGeneralAndAdministrativeExpense, SellingAndMarketingExpense
My question: is there a way to add the results of 2 or more concepts within an API code? This would help to reduce the number of calls.
Monday, December 24, 2018 at 7:29 AM #119121
Tim – thanks for posting back with your solution to the issue in the initial post.
The message ‘Limit Exceeded: URLFetch URL Length.’ is a Google Services error (https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/services/quotas). According to the page, there’s a 2kB limit (about 2,000 characters).
Some things to try:
- restructure the query to eliminate any unnecessary filters/screens and/or fields returned (maybe there’s a more efficient way to call for the data you need)
- try a URL shortener (bit.ly is one such service) – I don’t have any experience with this, but it may be worthwhile if it works
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Lists of similar concepts 4 days, 19 hours ago
Lists of similar concepts 5 days, 2 hours ago
Lists of similar concepts 5 days, 14 hours ago
Extracting Data From A Particular Financial Statement 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Extracting Data From A Particular Financial Statement 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Join XBRL US
- Individual Options - Basic, Power User & Sole Practitioner
- For Your Team - Startup, Non-Profit, Academic & Corporate options
- Member Benefits Comparison Table
XBRL API Resources
- The XBRL API
- XBRL Data Community
- XBRL API Documentation (PDF)
- Getting Started with Google API Access
- Sample Queries (Insomina REST client) - requires account provision