Home Forums The XBRL API Limit Exceeded: URLFetch URL Length. (line 106).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim Bui
      Participant

Is there any way to increase the limit of the length on the code?
      When I try to standardize a concept that is composed of more than 4 other concepts, I get an error “Limit Exceeded: URLFetch URL Length. (line 106)”
      For example, if I want to have a standardized Selling, Gen & Admin Expenses (SGA_Tot) from these concepts below, I receive an error:
      SellingGeneralAndAdministrativeExpense
      GeneralAndAdministrativeExpense
      SellingAdministrativeAndResearchAndDevelopmentExpenses
      GeneralAndAdministrativeExpenseAndOtherOperatingExpenses
      Thank you!

Tim Bui
      Participant

So far to get around the RL Length, I break the code into 2 and do the summation in Excel.
      SGA1:SellingGeneralAndAdministrativeExpense, generalandadministrativeexpense,SellingAdministrativeAndResearchAndDevelopmentExpenses

SGA2: GeneralAndAdministrativeExpenseAndOtherOperatingExpenses, OtherSellingGeneralAndAdministrativeExpense, SellingAndMarketingExpense

My question: is there a way to add the results of 2 or more concepts within an API code? This would help to reduce the number of calls.
      Thanks

Tim – thanks for posting back with your solution to the issue in the initial post.

The message ‘Limit Exceeded: URLFetch URL Length.’ is a Google Services error (https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/services/quotas). According to the page, there’s a 2kB limit (about 2,000 characters).

Some things to try:

• restructure the query to eliminate any unnecessary filters/screens and/or fields returned (maybe there’s a more efficient way to call for the data you need)
      • try a URL shortener (bit.ly is one such service) – I don’t have any experience with this, but it may be worthwhile if it works
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

GovFin 2024: Municipal Reporting Workshop
Tuesday, July 30, 2024