Home Forums The XBRL API Repeating facts from different documents

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Timur Mirzaev
      Participant

Some facts are repeating when extracting several documents in a single call. I can see the reason (tag/concept change), but don’t know the solution. Is there any way to remove those duplicating values, but keep the two tags/concepts in a query?

Here is my API call with row 2 and 3 being similar:

XBRL.showData(""&fact&"&entity.cik="&CIK&fiscal&"3Q&concept.local-name="&"IncomeLossFromContinuingOperationsBeforeIncomeTaxesExtraordinaryItemsNoncontrollingInterest,IncomeLossFromContinuingOperationsBeforeIncomeTaxesMinorityInterestAndIncomeLossFromEquityMethodInvestments"&","&Legend!C6&"&fact.has-dimensions=false&fact.ultimus=true&report.document-index=1,2,3,4&fields=report.period-end,period.fiscal-year.sort(DESC),concept.local-name,fact.numerical-value,period.fiscal-period.sort(DESC)","","","1")

Timur Mirzaev
      Participant

Just a little update: Missed part of my query that refers to a named range “CIK”.
      In this very case it should stand for “0000789019” (for MSFT).

David Tauriello
      Keymaster

Hi Timur – thanks for writing. I’m not sure what additional parameter you’re using from C6 on the Legend worksheet (?). If I remove that and update ‘fiscal’ to be the parameter ‘period.fiscal-period’ I don’t see any duplication:

https://api.xbrl.us/api/v1/fact/search?entity.cik=0000789019&period.fiscal-period=3Q&concept.local-name=IncomeLossFromContinuingOperationsBeforeIncomeTaxesExtraordinaryItemsNoncontrollingInterest,IncomeLossFromContinuingOperationsBeforeIncomeTaxesMinorityInterestAndIncomeLossFromEquityMethodInvestments&fact.has-dimensions=false&fact.ultimus=true&report.document-index=1,2,3,4&fields=report.period-end,period.fiscal-year.sort(DESC),concept.local-name,fact.numerical-value,period.fiscal-period.sort(DESC)

Drop the query in A1, and use =XBRL.showData(A1,””,””,”1″) in A2

Let me know if there’s something else I’m missing.

Timur Mirzaev
      Participant

Hi, David!

Thank you very much for your reply. I forgot to fully correct my query for named ranges, hence the error.
      But your correction is exactly what my query should have looked like. I have done exactly what you showed above and I DO get duplicating values – see D4 and D5 of the output (if xbrl.showData is in A2), which is $17,236,000,000 for 3Q of FY’2021.

So my question here is whether it is possible to introduce any parameter that would remove those duplicates (sort of a “unique” function maybe, but on the query level so that the per query limit is not effected that much).

Regards,
      Timur

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comment

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Center for Data Quality Committee Meeting
Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Dive into Debt Securities – Illustrations of the FASB Implementation Guide
Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Public Review: Annual Comprehensive Financial Report Taxonomy
Monday, August 15, 2022