Home Forums The XBRL API Repeating facts from different documents

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Timur Mirzaev
      Participant

Some facts are repeating when extracting several documents in a single call. I can see the reason (tag/concept change), but don’t know the solution. Is there any way to remove those duplicating values, but keep the two tags/concepts in a query?

Here is my API call with row 2 and 3 being similar:

XBRL.showData(""&fact&"&entity.cik="&CIK&fiscal&"3Q&concept.local-name="&"IncomeLossFromContinuingOperationsBeforeIncomeTaxesExtraordinaryItemsNoncontrollingInterest,IncomeLossFromContinuingOperationsBeforeIncomeTaxesMinorityInterestAndIncomeLossFromEquityMethodInvestments"&","&Legend!C6&"&fact.has-dimensions=false&fact.ultimus=true&report.document-index=1,2,3,4&fields=report.period-end,period.fiscal-year.sort(DESC),concept.local-name,fact.numerical-value,period.fiscal-period.sort(DESC)","","","1")

Timur Mirzaev
      Participant

Just a little update: Missed part of my query that refers to a named range “CIK”.
      In this very case it should stand for “0000789019” (for MSFT).

David Tauriello
      Keymaster

Hi Timur – thanks for writing. I’m not sure what additional parameter you’re using from C6 on the Legend worksheet (?). If I remove that and update ‘fiscal’ to be the parameter ‘period.fiscal-period’ I don’t see any duplication:

https://api.xbrl.us/api/v1/fact/search?entity.cik=0000789019&period.fiscal-period=3Q&concept.local-name=IncomeLossFromContinuingOperationsBeforeIncomeTaxesExtraordinaryItemsNoncontrollingInterest,IncomeLossFromContinuingOperationsBeforeIncomeTaxesMinorityInterestAndIncomeLossFromEquityMethodInvestments&fact.has-dimensions=false&fact.ultimus=true&report.document-index=1,2,3,4&fields=report.period-end,period.fiscal-year.sort(DESC),concept.local-name,fact.numerical-value,period.fiscal-period.sort(DESC)

Drop the query in A1, and use =XBRL.showData(A1,””,””,”1″) in A2

Let me know if there’s something else I’m missing.

Timur Mirzaev
      Participant

Hi, David!

Thank you very much for your reply. I forgot to fully correct my query for named ranges, hence the error.
      But your correction is exactly what my query should have looked like. I have done exactly what you showed above and I DO get duplicating values – see D4 and D5 of the output (if xbrl.showData is in A2), which is $17,236,000,000 for 3Q of FY’2021.

So my question here is whether it is possible to introduce any parameter that would remove those duplicates (sort of a “unique” function maybe, but on the query level so that the per query limit is not effected that much).

Regards,
      Timur

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

FDTA: Entity and Security Identifiers
Thursday, March 28, 2024

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024