Home Forums The XBRL API Restated markers

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Truscott
      Participant

What do these fields encapsulate?

report.restated-index
      report.restated

What sort of values could we expect to see in these fields?

report.restated-index is a searchable integer – /api/v1/report/search?report.restated-index=10&fields=report.* returns a filing that was restated 10 times.

we’re planning to convert report.restated to a boolean (from integer), so you’ll be able to query for the population of restated filings

Jim Truscott
      Participant

Thanks for this. Makes sense David.

Can’t remember off the top of my head what markers exist in the SEC XBRL Spec. for restatements? Is there one at a filing level? Is that what is used if indeed it exists to calculate the restatement index or does it just count how many amended versions of the same report have been filed? e.g. 10-K/A. Or do amended filings actually represent unique reports so this is irrelevant? I’m waffling now so I’ll leave it for someone else to hopefully fill in the correct answer!

Campbell Pryde
      Participant

There is no real marker other than the amendment flag, in the filing.

The restatement flag is based on subsequent filings that are an amendment to the original. However, this is a convenience we have added so you know that a filing has been subsequently updated. When looking at data the ultimus index on the fact is the key attribute as this indicates if the fact has been subsequently updated.

A restated filing may not be the complete filing, and can be a portion of the original filing, so ignoring restated filings without an new values in a subsequent filing should probably be avoided.

Jasa SEO Murah
      Participant

Thanks for the explanation

Jim Truscott
      Participant

Sorry Campbell needed to go off and do something else. Back on it now.

The fact.ultimus sounds fabulous, a boolean flag to filter in only the most up to date version of a value. I assume it hasn’t quite been implemented yet as its returning the same values as the fact.ultimus-index? And from the values I’ve looked at – examples below – an index of 1 would be the original or first reported value and does an index of 5 mean that, in its reporting life time, it has had five unique values or its just been reported 5 times (been in 5 filings of whatever type)?

{
      “concept.local-name”: “Assets”,
      “fact.value”: “241086000000”,
      “fact.has-dimensions”: false,
      “report.id”: 191866,
      “period.instant”: “2017-07-01”,
      “report.period-end”: “2017-06-30”,
      “entity.name”: “MICROSOFT CORPORATION”,
      “report.type”: “10-K”,
      “period.calendar-period”: “2Q”,
      “period.fiscal-period”: “Y”,
      “period.year”: 2017,
      “period.fiscal-year”: 2017,
      “report.restated-index”: 1,
      “report.restated”: 1,
      “fact.ultimus-index”: 5,
      “fact.ultimus”: 5
      },
      {
      “concept.local-name”: “Assets”,
      “fact.value”: “250312000000”,
      “fact.has-dimensions”: false,
      “report.id”: 218986,
      “period.instant”: “2017-07-01”,
      “report.period-end”: “2018-06-30”,
      “entity.name”: “MICROSOFT CORPORATION”,
      “report.type”: “10-K”,
      “period.calendar-period”: “2Q”,
      “period.fiscal-period”: “Y”,
      “period.year”: 2017,
      “period.fiscal-year”: 2017,
      “report.restated-index”: 1,
      “report.restated”: 1,
      “fact.ultimus-index”: 1,
      “fact.ultimus”: 1
      },

Jim Truscott
      Participant

does an index of 5 mean that, in its reporting life time, it has had five unique values or its just been reported 5 times (been in 5 filings of whatever type)?

Having read some other posts, I think I found one of the answers in your third reply, Campbell to this post reports and periods

…Maybe it would be helpful to add a flag to a fact to indicate that it is the latest value reported. This would update like the ultimus but would allow you to get the latest value of assets etc reported. (Wheras ultimus indicates if the same value has been reported subsequently…

Having a pulled back a bunch of values, this appears to be consistent with what I’m seeing.

Jim – you’re correct: fact.ultimus-index is the number of times the fact has been reported, regardless of value, report type, etc. In the index, 1 is the most recent, and the highest reported ultimus integer corresponds to the earliest reporting of the fact.

See Microsoft’s Assets for fiscal year 2015: /fact/search?concept.local-name=Assets&fact.has-dimensions=false&entity.cik=0000789019&period.fiscal-year=2015&period.fiscal-period=Y&fields=concept.local-name,fact.value,report.id,report.type,period.fiscal-year,report.filing-date.sort(DESC),report.restated-index,fact.ultimus-index

Like report.restated, fact.ultimus is planned to become boolean.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

GovFin 2024: Municipal Reporting Workshop
Tuesday, July 30, 2024