Home Forums The XBRL API SEC Filing: dimh and iprx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim Bui
      Participant

Hi David, this question has nothing to do with XBRL US, but do you happen to know what the data items ‘dimh’ and ‘iprx’ embedded within the SEC Fin Statement and Notes mean? In the readme file, the SEC describes ‘dimh’ as “The 32-byte hexadecimal key for the dimensional information in the DIM data set” and ‘iprx’ as “A positive integer to distinguish different reported facts that otherwise would have the same primary key. For most purposes, data with iprx greater than 1 are not needed. The priority for the fact based on higher precision, closeness of the end date to a month end, and closeness of the duration to a multiple of three months. See fields dcml, durp and datp below.” I am sure the SEC put them there for a reason, but if you know, can you please help explain what is the DIM datat set when should I use ‘dimh’ and ‘iprx’ to filter for data? Thank you, David!

Hi Tim – I’m not familiar with the details related to the SEC’s Financial Data Sets; you’ll need to contact the SEC to learn more.

Tim Bui
      Participant

Thank you for your reply, David. I did ask the SEC but the reply was too terse to be helpful for novices like me. Thanks again!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

GovFin 2024: Municipal Reporting Workshop
Tuesday, July 30, 2024