Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7:59 AM #122489
I use the XBRL API to download data. Usually, I can only download about 500 lines for 1 or 2 concepts then Google locks me out with this message “Service invoked too many times for one day: properties get.” I don’t do any mass emailing or downloading anything else. The only emailing thing that I do is to forward my personal gmail to my Outlook inbox (I get about 20-30 emails a day).
David Tauriello was kind enough to send me this link that describes the limits of Google, however, not being a technical person, I couldn’t understand how I can have hit the limits with only about 500-600 lines of download using the XBRL API.
Do any of you experience or have knowledge about this issue? Please help. For now, I can’t use XBRL API because of this limitation.
Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 10:22 AM #122506
Tim – try these steps to resolve the issue:
- log out from the add-on’s authentication menu,
- log out from your Google account,
- clear the browser’s cache,
- close the browser and
- restart the computer.
Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 10:55 AM #122512
It works, David. I did exactly as you instructed and the API downloads normally.
Thank you again for your help!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Lists of similar concepts 4 days, 19 hours ago
Lists of similar concepts 5 days, 2 hours ago
Lists of similar concepts 5 days, 14 hours ago
Extracting Data From A Particular Financial Statement 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Extracting Data From A Particular Financial Statement 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Join XBRL US
- Individual Options - Basic, Power User & Sole Practitioner
- For Your Team - Startup, Non-Profit, Academic & Corporate options
- Member Benefits Comparison Table
XBRL API Resources
- The XBRL API
- XBRL Data Community
- XBRL API Documentation (PDF)
- Getting Started with Google API Access
- Sample Queries (Insomina REST client) - requires account provision