Home Forums The XBRL API Struggling to change password

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Zoraiz Azeem
      Participant

As I have recently been given access to Request to use OAuth2 for XBRL API via email.
      My account is linked to my google account, but when I try to set a password, via link : “https://xbrl.us/set-password”, I continuously get an error, asking to try again after a few minutes. I have tried multiple days in a row and still no luck.

How can I set a password for account, without this I will not be able to do a POST request as demonstrated in the documentation provided.
      Thank You in advance.

Zoraiz – sorry for your troubles; I’m not sure what the issue is and will follow up with our team next week.

For now, try to register for a web account using the same email that was provisioned for you to use with OAuth2 and the XBRL API.

Please post back here to let us know if this works for you.

Zoraiz Azeem
      Participant

Hi David thank you for your quick reply,

I have retried the “https://xbrl.us/set-password” link again and it was successful but only when I tick the generate password automatically box. I then do receive an email in my spam. And after changing the password, and retrying to log in with said new password I for some reason receive a “wrong password or username” message. I have tried to use the “new” password with the post request but recieve a ‘{“error”:”invalid_request”,”error_description”:”Bad username or password.”}’
      message.
      I may just try and provision a different email that is not a gmail.

Thank you.

Hi Zoraiz – please try to register for a new account using your current email address.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Struggling to change password’ is closed to new replies.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

GovFin 2024: Municipal Reporting Workshop
Tuesday, July 30, 2024