Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 1:49 PM #192955Christian YanesParticipant
Hi, I am trying to recreate a specific section of a 10-Q report by calling the api. For instance lets say I want to get all the facts that make up the “Condensed Consolidation Balance Sheet” section on the 10-Q report. What api calls should I consume to get the comprehensive set of facts making up this section of the report. Also if there is better way to do this different than finding the set of facts first and then retrieving those facats I am also interested.
Thanks for you help
Friday, July 30, 2021 at 5:56 PM #192977David TaurielloKeymaster
Hi Christian – thanks for writing; we posted Simple Statement and Disclosure template for Excel that uses
/labelqueries to pull this information together.
Take a look at the queries buried in hidden columns and rows A1:E4 of that .xlsx. In a nutshell:
- /report (optional) – filing details like entity name, type of report and date filed (cell F7); you DO need a dts.id integer and can get this from this object
- /fact – numerical value, year and period information for concepts in a specific part of the report
- /relationship – filtered on the presentation linkbase* of the taxonomy, where the ‘face’ of the financials is stored
- /label – the human readable value for taxonomy concepts that are associated with facts
*remove this from the query to show facts from all linkbases (calculation, definition, label and presentation)
IMPORTANT: an XBRL filing is made up of an instance document that contains all the facts, and a taxonomy that establishes the structures (linkbases) for those facts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Documentation & Discussion
- The XBRL API
- XBRL Data Community
- XBRL API Interactive Documentation
- Get started with Google Sheets OR
- Get started with Microsoft Excel OR
- Get access to as-filed data from us for other tools or your own app
Join XBRL US
- Individual Options - Basic, Power User & Sole Practitioner
- For Your Team - Startup, Non-Profit, Academic & Corporate options
- Member Benefits Comparison Table
Using the XBRL API with the Public Filings Database
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, any and all use of the XBRL API to authenticate and retrieve data from the XBRL US Database of Public Filings implies user consent and agreement with the XBRL US API Agreement. If you are unable to agree to these terms, do not use the XBRL API.
To use the XBRL API outside of Google Sheets, your account needs to be provisioned for OAuth2 access.