Home Forums The XBRL API XBRL Taxonomy tracking

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      David Tauriello
      Keymaster

From an XBRL US Member:

Is there way to keep track of changing taxonomy over the period of time? I am mot sure if companies keep track of it or not.

I am trying to monitor the tags released, added, changed, deleted over the period of time and also wanted to see if any tag after being deleted/discarded was inserted back.

David Tauriello
      Keymaster

I’m not aware of any end-user analytics products that monitor concept lineage. With the XBRL API, you can use the concept object to query by dts.id for elements in a filing (or include concept.local-name to narrow the results). Something like this would return a few extension elements in Kraft Heinz financials from the past couple of years:

https://api.xbrl.us/api/v1/concept/search?dts.id=439705,418858,401372,383175,365074,348665,338987,338941&concept.local-name=Nonmonetarycurrencydevaluationlossgain,Carryingvalueoftotaldebt,Equityawardcompensationexpenseexcludingintegrationandrestructuringexpenses&fields=dts.id.sort(DESC),concept.namespace,concept.local-name,concept.substitution,label.text

The full list of available fields for the /concept endpoint is available from the XBRL API Interactive Documentation linked at right.

Tim Bui
      Participant

Hi David,
      Do you know why the US GAAP Taxomony for 2018 in XLS format is not downloading? I have no problems with other years.
      (Essentials
      All Taxonomies: viewer including disclosure templates || .zip format || .xls format)

Thank you, David!

David Tauriello
        Keymaster

Hi Tim – thanks for writing; the link on https://xbrl.us/2018-us-gaap is fixed. FWIW, we post details based on what FASB publishes initially, so if the location of the file is updated our link breaks. We also link to the ‘FASB Explanatory Page’ for each Taxonomy they publish – if our link is broken, you should find the updated link on their page.

Tim Bui
      Participant

As always, I am grateful for your help, David!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

GovFin 2024: Municipal Reporting Workshop
Tuesday, July 30, 2024