January/February 2018 XBRL US News Final Public Review Launched for Orange Button Solar Finance Taxonomy Join the XBRL API Beta Test Group Replays of Recent Webinars Now Available Point of View: What’s in Your Corporate Family Tree? Recent Point of View Topics Register to Attend XBRL US Data Quality Committee Meeting, Wednesday, March 14 at […more]
News from XBRL International
- Improving Government Reporting - March 16, 2018
- IFRS to Publish 2018 Taxonomy - March 16, 2018
- EBA deactivates some validation rules - March 16, 2018
- SEC Interactive Data Test Suite Update - March 16, 2018
- Fujitsu – 3rd Annual Interstage XWand Users’ Meeting - March 16, 2018
- XBRL Taxonomy Update, March 12, 2018 - March 16, 2018
- SEC Interactive Data Test Suite Update 45-180301 - March 14, 2018
- IFRS Foundation Publishes Preparer's Guide for Using the IFRS Taxonomy - January 26, 2018
- Proposed Update for Annual Improvements to the 2017 IFRS Taxonomy - January 26, 2018
- Crowdfunding Offerings Data Sets - November 29, 2017
From the Federal Register
- Investment Company Liquidity Disclosure - March 19, 2018
- Adoption of Updated EDGAR Filer Manual - March 16, 2018
- Regulatory Flexibility Agenda - January 12, 2018
- FAST Act Modernization and Simplification of Regulation S-K - November 2, 2017
- Regulatory Flexibility Agenda - August 24, 2017
Investors, solar developers, software providers encouraged to participate SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SunSpec Alliance and XBRL US announced today the start of a second 30-day public review period for the Orange Buttonsm data standards for solar financing. The digital dictionary of terms, called a taxonomy, was developed through Orange Button which is a U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies […more]
In this issue:
- New earnings release tools
- Cash: Yep, companies had lots of it.
- Early look at leasing costs.
Campbell Pryde, President and CEO, XBRL US
Financial statements are just one piece of the puzzle in evaluating cash flows from an investment. Shouldn’t all data needed to evaluate cash flows be available in structured format?
The Data Quality Committee – a collaborative of public companies, service providers and others working to improve standardized financial reporting – approved rules and guidance for the Statement of Cash Flows in October, 2017. Version 5.1.0 of these freely-available resources was released in February, 2018, and is designed to help public companies detect inconsistencies or errors in their XBRL-formatted financial data.
November/December, 2017 Regulatory & Legislative News SEC Publishes XBRL Datasets for Mutual Fund Risk/Return Data XBRL US News XBRL US Submits Letter to SEC on FAST Act Modernization and Simplification of Regulation S-K CFA View on Standards, Webinar Scheduled for January 10, 2018 XBRL Tagging in IFRS, Webinar Scheduled for January 31, 2018 Video Recording […more]
On December 20, 2017, XBRL US submitted a comment letter in response to the Securities and Exchange Commission proposal FAST Act Modernization and Simplification of Regulation S-K. Key recommendations made in the letter include: Require the use of the LEI for those registrants that currently maintain an LEI. Require the LEI to be tagged using Inline […more]
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Talking about bitcoin
- Corporate financial highlights
- Breakups can be painful
This Novaworks article recaps a presentation & audience discussion with Michelle Savage, Vice President of Communication for XBRL US, and Scott Theis, CEO of Novaworks, LLC and Chairman of XBRL US’s Domain Steering Committee, on the proposed development of an XBRL taxonomy to represent the data held within the release, which could be beneficial to […more]
This Novaworks article recaps CFA’s Investor Forum 2017, where a panel of industry experts discussed case studies that illustrate XBRL’s use in accounting and financial reporting and the rationale behind its adoption. This panel discussed different ways in which XBRL is employed in the financial sector.