Public Companies Also Used Workiva Platform to Submit More Than 78 Percent of Inline XBRL Facts in 2019 Workiva, provider of the world’s leading connected reporting and compliance platform, announced that its customer – Summit Materials – used the Workiva platform to submit the first multi-document Inline eXtensible Business Reporting Language (iXBRLTM) filing to the […more]
News from XBRL International
- What’s Missing from Regulation S-K? - September 13, 2019
- California Vote for State-level XBRL - September 13, 2019
- IASB Update: Interest Rate Benchmark Reform - September 13, 2019
- UK Tackles Climate Risk with Forum - September 13, 2019
- Join us in Shanghai: China’s Global Hub - September 13, 2019
- No items
From the Federal Register
- Form CRS Relationship Summary; Amendments to Form ADV - July 12, 2019
- Auditor Independence With Respect to Certain Loans or Debtor-Creditor Relationships - July 5, 2019
- Adoption of Updated EDGAR Filer Manual - July 1, 2019
- Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms - June 27, 2019
- Commission Information Collection Activities (FERC Form No. 60, FERC-61, and FERC-555A); Comment Request - May 30, 2019
Will County, Illinois, First Local Government to Publish Financials in XBRL Format XBRL US announced today that it is conducting a 60-day public review and comment period for the second release of the Demonstration Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) Taxonomy. The taxonomy, developed by the XBRL US State and Local Government Disclosure Modernization Working Group, […more]
The Securities and Exchange Commission has published a draft EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II) (Version 52). The EFM draft has been published to solicit input and aid filers in preparing for potential EDGAR System changes, scheduled for September 30, 2019. If approved, the final version of the EFM will be made available on or about […more]
The Securities and Exchange Commission published Compliance and Disclosure Interpretations on Inline XBRL and cover page tagging. Read the Q&A.
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) has published the following Proposed Accounting Standards Updates for public comment: 1) Investments—Equity Securities (Topic 321), Investments—Equity Method and Joint Ventures (Topic 323), and Derivatives and Hedging (Topic 815): Clarifying the Interactions between Topic 321, Topic 323, and Topic 815 and the related release notes. The proposed taxonomy improvements include adding an […more]
On August 8, the Securities and Exchange Commission published a rule proposal, Modernization of Regulation S-K, Items 101, 103 and 105. Item 101 covers general development of business and narrative description of business; Item 103 covers legal proceedings; and Item 105 cover risk factors. The objective of the proposal is to modernize the description of […more]
In this issue:
- Special report: Adopting the new lease accounting standard.
- Using Calcbench to measure China exposure.
- Lease accounting up close: Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- And more lease accounting: the Comcast example.
- Downshifting in the trucking world.
SEC filers, investors, XBRL providers encouraged to comment, and to use approved Ruleset 9 The XBRL US Data Quality Committee (DQC) has published its 10th Ruleset for a 45-day public review and comment period, which closes on September 16, 2019. DQC rules are developed to aid issuers in preparing consistent, error-free financials, by providing automated […more]
The Data Quality Committee – a collaborative of public companies, providers and data users working to improve standardized financial reporting – released version 9 of freely-available rules and guidance in July, 2019. Several tools are certified for implementation of the approved rules.
The Data Quality Committee (DQC) seeks comment on version 10 of the DQC Rules for SEC filings through Monday, September 16, 2019. XBRL US Members and public company personnel can use our secure service to check their filings with approved and public exposure rules.