March, 2020 March has been a difficult month, as we all adapt to a new environment, way of living and doing business. Filers and XBRL providers may face challenges and the SEC has instituted several temporary relief measures to help filers during the COVID-19 crisis. Many of our members are small businesses which face unique […more]
News from XBRL International
- ESMA on ESG Enforcement Actions - April 3, 2020
- SEC considers iXBRL for certain Market Data Reforms - April 3, 2020
- IFRS Foundation issue guidance on COVID-19 and IFRS 9 - April 3, 2020
- NBA update Statement Generator - April 3, 2020
- New XBRL Certified Software™ - April 3, 2020
- Draft 2020 Document and Entity Information (DEI) Taxonomy - March 27, 2020
- 2020 FASB Taxonomy Implementation Guides - March 26, 2020
- Draft Variable Insurance Product (VIP) Taxonomy - March 11, 2020
- XBRL Taxonomy Update, March 9, 2020 - March 10, 2020
- SEC Interactive Data Test Suite Update 53.1d-200210 - February 11, 2020
From the Federal Register
- Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms; Notice Inviting Post-Technical Conference Comments - April 2, 2020
- Electric Transmission Incentives Policy Under Section 219 of the Federal Power Act - April 2, 2020
- Accelerated Filer and Large Accelerated Filer Definitions - March 26, 2020
- Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms; Supplemental Notice of Technical Conference - March 24, 2020
- Market Data Infrastructure - March 24, 2020
The SEC published the draft DEI Taxonomy, 2020 update, for a public review and comment period ending May 27, 2020. Comments on the draft 2020 update to the DEI taxonomy should be sent via email to StructuredData@sec.gov using “Draft 2020 DEI Taxonomy” as the subject of the email. Access the taxonomy: https://www.sec.gov/structureddata/osddrafttaxonomyfiles Read the announcement: https://www.sec.gov/structureddata/announcement/osd-announcement-032720-draft-2020-dei-taxonomy
In response to the COVID-19 public health crisis, the SEC announced that they are adopting a temporary rule to allow applicants for EDGAR access to upload a signed copy of Form ID (completed online) without the notarization, containing a statement that applicants were unable to obtain notarization due to difficulties related to COVID-19. Within 90 […more]
The SEC announced the availability of FASB Implementation Guides covering the following topics: Accounting Changes Financing Receivable and Current Expected Credit Loss Disclosures Insurance—Long-Duration Contracts Leases under Topic 842 Retirement Benefits—Phase 3 Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Including Statement Presentation of Revenue and Cost of Revenue) Read the announcement. Access the guides.
The new rule changes the definition of accelerated and large accelerated filers, and requires a new check box to be added to the cover page of 10-Ks, 20-Fs, and 40-Fs, which must be tagged in Inline XBRL.
Amendments introduce a decentralized consolidation model which will allow competing consolidators to collect and disseminate market quote and transaction data. The rule also proposes alternatives including the use of Inline XBRL for new Form CC, which includes general and business information, services and fees, as well as operational capability information. Comments are due by June 24, 2020.
Cites goal of providing more information to global markets, and holding governments accountable for management of oil, gas, and mineral resources.
Amendments require the use of Inline XBRL for certain required disclosures in the variable contract statutory prospectus. In addition, the SEC published a draft Variable Insurance Product (VIP) Taxonomy which has been posted for a 90-day public review.
XBRL US submitted a comment letter to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Office of Municipal Disclosures in advance of their scheduled conference “Spotlight on Transparency: A Discussion of Secondary Market Municipal Securities Disclosure Practices”. The XBRL US letter advocated for the use of data standards for state and local government reporting and asked that the […more]
Now includes Single Audit Report schedules for municipalities and other federal grantees XBRL US announced today the public review of the third version of the demonstration Comprehensive Annual Financial Reporting (CAFR) Taxonomy, which now includes seven financial statements, two footnotes, and two schedules from the Single Audit Report. The taxonomy will be published for a […more]