The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Staff recently issued an update to the Frequently Asked Questions about the U.S. GAAP Financial Reporting Taxonomy (FAQ) to include new guidance for preparers on addressing the deprecation of the “Report Date [Axis]” (CreationDateAxis) with the 2019 Taxonomy Update. The FAQ is available on the FASB website.
- XBRL Taxonomy Update, March 11, 2019 - March 12, 2019
- Proposed Update to Future* U.S. GAAP Financial Reporting Taxonomy - March 6, 2019
- Proposed Updates to Future* U.S. GAAP Financial Reporting Taxonomy – 1) Financial Instruments-Credit Losses and 2) Business Combinations - February 15, 2019
- SEC Interactive Data Test Suite Update 50-190213 - February 14, 2019
- No Proposed Update to U.S. GAAP Financial Reporting Taxonomy – Intangibles, Business Combinations and Not-for-Profit - February 1, 2019
From the Federal Register
- Commission Information Collection Activities (FERC Form No. 60, FERC-61, and FERC-555A); Consolidated Comment Request; Extension - March 20, 2019
- Solicitations of Interest Prior to a Registered Public Offering - February 28, 2019
- Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms - February 25, 2019
- Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request - February 22, 2019
- Reopening of Comment Period for Updated Disclosure Requirements and Summary Prospectus for Variable Annuity and Variable Life Insurance Contracts - February 21, 2019
On March 21, 2019, XBRL US submitted a comment letter responding to the SEC proposal, Request for Comment on Earnings Releases and Quarterly Reports stating our support for quarterly filing. Quarterly reporting is beneficial to investors, other data consumers, and to reporting entities. The earnings announcement and the Form 10-Q are very different documents, and […more]
In this issue: SEC Staff to Hold Spring Fintech Forum on Distributed Ledger Technology and Digital Assets SEC Fee Rate Advisory #2 for Fiscal Year 2019 SEC Releases EDGAR 19.1
On March 13, 2019, XBRL US submitted a comment letter responding to the SEC proposal, Updated Disclosure Requirements and Summary Prospectus for Variable Annuity and Variable Life Insurance Contracts, File Number S7-23-18. Variable annuities represent a $96 billion industry, according to LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute (2017 figures)*. XBRL US supports the Commission proposal to require reporting […more]
Ez-XBRL Solutions, Inc. announced today its new Inline XBRL (iXBRL) solution that enables SEC registrants to rapidly convert their existing XBRL tagged data to the iXBRL format. Read the press release.