The SEC not only acknowledges the value of DQC rules, but indicates that the staff is using the rules themselves.
- No Proposed Update to U.S. GAAP Financial Reporting Taxonomy for Accounting Standards Update on Goodwill Impairment - January 8, 2021
- FASB Issues Proposed Updates for Future* Taxonomy Related to Proposed ASU on Revenue Contracts Acquired in a Business Combination - January 8, 2021
- IFRS Foundation Proposes Improvements to the IFRS Taxonomy 2020 Related to Presentation and Disclosure of Employee Benefits - December 3, 2020
- Scaling Errors Between Entity Common Stock Shares Outstanding and Common Stock Shares Outstanding - November 19, 2020
- FASB Issues Proposed Update for Future* Taxonomies Related to ASU No. 2020-09 and Proposed ASUs on Reference Rate Reform and Freestanding Modifications - November 5, 2020
From the Federal Register
- Disclosure of Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers - January 15, 2021
- Management's Discussion and Analysis, Selected Financial Data, and Supplementary Financial Information - January 11, 2021
- Regulation ATS for ATSs That Trade U.S. Government Securities, NMS Stock, and Other Securities; Regulation SCI for ATSs That Trade U.S. Treasury Securities and Agency Securities; and Electronic Corporate Bond and Municipal Securities Markets - December 31, 2020
- Modernization of Rules and Forms for Compensatory Securities Offerings and Sales - December 11, 2020
- Qualifications of Accountants - December 11, 2020
The Securities and Exchange Commission’s Asset Management Advisory Committee published on December 1, 2020, the potential recommendations of its ESG (Environmental Social Governance) Subcommittee which focused on the adoption of standards for disclosures from issuers and for ESG investment products: Recommendations Regarding Issuer Disclosure of ESG Risks: The SEC should require the adoption of standards […more]
On November 19, the Securities and Exchange Commission adopted the final rule Management’s Discussion and Analysis, Selected Financial Data, and Supplementary Financial Information. The final amendments do not require registrants to structure disclosures required by the amendments in a machine-readable format as we proposed in the XBRL US comment letter submitted. Our comment letter suggested […more]
SEC Commissioner Allison Herren Lee gave a keynote presentation “The Promise of Structured Data: True Modernization of Disclosure Effectiveness” at the XBRL US Investor Forum: Ready for Anything – Using Data in Perilous Times. Her speech focused on the importance of data quality (and notes the contribution to quality improvements made by the XBRL US […more]
Hear from the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Wells Fargo Asset Management, Novo Nordisk and Telefonica, about the value of machine-readable ESG data for investment decisions.