This community helps developers, analysts, and business intelligence professionals connect and use the XBRL API, Public Filings Database, Google Sheet resources and other tools more effectively.
Data Community Resources:
- Periodic web meetings [Members-only]
Engage in an open forum to learn about new functionality and techniques for using XBRL API, get questions answered, and let members preview XBRL Spreadsheets in development and other applications
- Contributed XBRL Spreadsheet templates [Members-only]
Anyone is welcomed to share in the collection of customizable Google Sheets, developed by XBRL US Members that conform to the standards listed below. XBRL US Members can earn discounts for contributing to the XBRL API Template library. Got an idea? Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss it with you (we may have helpful tips, too).
Some ideas for Member-contributed templates:
- Income statement
- Margin comparison
- Valuation analysis
- Online discussion forum
All visitors can exchange ideas and pose questions to XBRL data users in a community forumViewing 14 topics - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Viewing 14 topics - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to create new topics.
Interested in getting deep into the data? Anyone can use the tools to get a feel for queries and results from the database with our updated API. Your XBRL US Membership unlocks greater results from the API with the resources listed at right.
Requirements for Member-contributed XBRL spreadsheets:
The specifications outlined below are based on the BScompare tab of the XBRL US API Google Sheet linked at right.
- Explanation to include the general purpose and expected results of spreadsheet
- Definition of variables user can modify, including a few examples
- Indication of API call(s) containing cross-referenced cells used in subsequent API calls
- Hyperlink to XBRL API documentation
- Submitter’s name and email address
- Must be free of additional custom functions or add-on requirements
- explanatory copy – tan;
- variables – green;
- API returns – orange;
- API returns used in additional calls – purple;
- report display of facts or calculations – alternating background light-blue/white, and;
- title, return headings, non-XBRL API calls – gray
- title bar – Arial 24;
- API data returns – Inconsolata 11;
- all other text – Arial 8 – 14