The Data Quality Committee (DQC) seeks comment on version 10 of the DQC Rules for SEC filings through Monday, September 16, 2019. XBRL US Members and public company personnel can use our secure service to check their filings with approved and public exposure rules.
News from XBRL International
- XBRL for Granular Data a Focus at Data Amplified - September 20, 2019
- XBRL US Release CAFR Taxonomy for Municipal Reporting - September 20, 2019
- FASB Proposes Update to Ease LIBOR Transition - September 20, 2019
- How to Report Goodwill? - September 20, 2019
- UK Update Regulatory Report Guidelines - September 20, 2019
- No items
From the Federal Register
- Form CRS Relationship Summary; Amendments to Form ADV - July 12, 2019
- Auditor Independence With Respect to Certain Loans or Debtor-Creditor Relationships - July 5, 2019
- Adoption of Updated EDGAR Filer Manual - July 1, 2019
- Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms - June 27, 2019
- Commission Information Collection Activities (FERC Form No. 60, FERC-61, and FERC-555A); Comment Request - May 30, 2019
The Securities and Exchange Commission’ Fixed Income Market Structure Advisory Committee held a meeting on July 29, 2019 during which municipal issuer disclosures was addressed, among other topics. XBRL US submitted a comment letter to the Committee, recommending the use of data standards to increase transparency and improve efficiencies in the municipal securities markets. Highlights […more]
FASB Chairman Russ Golden to keynote XBRL US Investor Forum.
Topics to be covered include blockchain, artificial intelligence, new reporting domains like municipal securities reporting, and more.
Posted this month: SEC Announces August 13 Meeting of Small Business Capital Formation Advisory Committee SEC Staff to Host Roundtable on Management of Public Companies and Other Regulatory Requirements SEC Announces Upcoming Events for Main Street Investors in Boston SEC Adopts Amendments to Improve the Application of the Auditor Independence Rules
S.P. Kothari, Chief Economist and Director, Division of Economic and Risk Analysis, at the Securities and Exchange Commission gave a speech on July 13 at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) conference on big data and high-performance computing, where he referenced the value of structured data and the Legal Entity Identifier. Highlights from his […more]
In this issue:
- Popping the lid on Smuckers’ goodwill.
- Not much fizz in LaCroix.
- Tax reform and Casey’s General Stores.
- Calcbench data figures into a recent LeaseAccelerator report
Responses to these questions reflect the informal views of one or more members of the staff of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission participating in a discussion and do not constitute an official statement of the views of the Commission or of the staff of the Commission and should not be relied upon as authoritative. […more]
XBRL US submitted a response to the White House Office of Management and Budget, in response to the Federal Data Strategy Year-1 Action Plan. The letter noted that to attain the long-term vision of the Federal Data Strategy to better govern and leverage the Federal Government’s data, requires developing and implementing a single cross-agency data […more]
The Securities and Exchange Commission announced their plan to host a roundtable on Short-Term / Long-Term Management of Public Companies, Our Periodic Reporting System and Regulatory Requirements. This event will be held on July 18 at 12:30 ET and the public is invited to attend (it will be held at SEC offices at 100 F […more]
The SEC posted an analysis of extensions used in XBRL submissions. While there is little change in the overall rate for filers from 2017 to 2018 (hovering around 18%), accelerated filers use of extensions has come down slightly versus prior period, and is now more inline with other filers at 18%. Read the release.