XBRL US published a white paper outlining the goals and accomplishments of the XBRL US Center for Data Quality and the organization it funds, the Data Quality Committee. Key results of the Center since it’s inception in 2015 include:
- proven increase in data quality as shown by the decline in error rate across public companies
- greater engagement by the XBRL community with regulators and standard setters
- more comprehensive review of different types of possible errors in XBRL-formatted financials
- increased regulatory focus on data quality as shown by recent rules created by the SEC
- expanded use of XBRL-formatted financial data
The paper also includes the history and milestones reached by the Center.
Read the white paper: XBRL US Center for Data Quality White Paper December 3, 2018
Learn how you can join the Center for Data Quality.