Government agency representatives, municipal analysts and investors, software providers, and other users of state and local government data are invited to review and comment on the data standards developed to represent the Statement of Activities, Governmental Fund Balance Sheet, and Governmental Fund Statement of Revenues, Expenditures and Changes in Fund Balances.
This is a Demonstration Release, to illustrate how data standards can be created and used in the municipal marketplace. The standards were developed by the XBRL US State and Local Government Disclosure Modernization Working Group as a pilot to test the premise that standards can improve efficiencies by automating the process of creating, collecting, and analyzing government data. The Working Group is currently soliciting feedback during a 60-day public review period which will end on March 18, 2019. Input is requested on:
- Definitions and references for the elements. Are the definitions accurate? Are references appropriate? Should revisions or modifications be made?
- General input. Is the taxonomy structured appropriately? Is the documentation provided helpful and understandable?
- CAFR Taxonomy Demonstration Release Preparers Guide – (January, 2019)
- Authorized Use / Legal Notice
- General Comments: email@example.com
Inline XBRL Samples
Below is a collection of member-contributed sample inline filings based on the Demonstration Release, displayed using the SEC’s inline viewer. Click the name of the state, county or municipality to see examples.
Provide Comments on the Demonstration Release
You’ll need to agree to Terms and Conditions to have your comments about the Demonstration Release considered during this review. Login with an XBRL US Web Account or Google Account to provide comments on this Demonstration Release, then follow the instructions linked below to review and agree to Terms and Conditions.
Be sure to include the corresponding concept number from the first column with your comment.