Home Forums The XBRL API 10-K/A files

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hasnain jaffery
      Participant

Hi,
      I would like to know that how can I identify which one is an amendment 10-K return. I am looking at an example of Apple returned initial file (report number 0001193125-09-214859) filed for 2009. later in early 2010 an amendment was filed (File number 0001193125-10-012091). How can I differentiate that this an amendment file for 2009.
      I wish I can show it via snapshot, but unable to find a way to identify that which one is 10-K/A file in XBRL.US database Plerase help me to identify 10-K/A file
      thanks
      Hasnain

David Tauriello
      Keymaster

Hi Hasnain – use the restatement_index field in your query to know when restated facts exist.

This XBRL API fact query shows the details for the two reports in your post (10-K and 10-K/A). I am using Apple CIK along with period details to filter, then sorting by the restated-index.

https://api.xbrl.us/api/v1/fact/search?entity.cik=0000320193&period.fiscal-year=2009&period.fiscal-period=Y&concept.local-name=EntityRegistrantName&fact.has-dimensions=false&fields=report.restated,report.restated-index.sort(ASC),report.type,period.fiscal-period,period.fiscal-year,concept.local-name,fact.value,report.accession,report.entry-url

Any fact appearing in a restated report will show report.restated as TRUE; the report.restated-index is an integer reflecting the number of times the report has been restated since the original filing (1).

Let me know if you still have questions about restatements in the Public Filings Database.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upcoming XBRL US Events

Webinar: SEC Rule – Tailored Shareholder Reports for Mutual Funds and ETFs
Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Domain Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Communications & Services Steering Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

GovFin 2024: Municipal Reporting Workshop
Tuesday, July 30, 2024